A collection of useful links, for anyone looking to explore the night sky.
- IDA: homepage for the International Dark Sky Association, committed to preserving the beauty of the night sky for current and future generations to enjoy.
- XRT-C: the Exeter Radio Telescope Station project, aiming to build and operate a 4.5 metre radio telescope at Caradon Observatory as an educational and research tool.
- Tolcarn Observatory: near St Austell, Cornwall, an education and research facility.
- Clear Outside: FLO's astronomical weather forecast site, with information on predicted cloud cover, visibility, moon phase and rise/set times, times of astronomical darkness and dew point. The link goes straight to the forecast for Caradon Observatory.
- Stargazers Lounge: excellent community resource for amateur astronomers.
- Stellarium: free planetarium software which generates views of your local sky. Perfect for identifying stars and constellations or planning observing sessions.